Monday, March 2, 2009

Write Governor Brewer re: using Federal Stimulus funds to restore services!

I learned at a meeting this morning, that it is imperative that families, service providers and concerned citizens of Arizona should write to Governor Brewer directly (contact info & link below) to request that she allocates Federal Stimulus funds that will be coming her way to the restoration services in Fiscal Year (FY) 2009-2010 for children and adults with disabilities that have been swiped out from under them as a result of the recent DDD cuts!

The responsibility to decide how to use the Federal Stimulus funds will be solely Governor Brewer's, not DES's ... not DDD's ... not the State Legislature's ... only Governor Brewer's! These funds will be coming to Arizona very soon, so is vital that she receives letter after letter after letter urging her to use Fed. Stim. package funds to help restore services to the children and adults with disabilities who may very well suffer irreparable harm if their support and therapeutic services are not restored, and soon!

What? You're still here?? Go! Start writing those letters and spread the word!! : )

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up! I'm forwarding the info to my families and co-workers.
    I'm creating a DES/DDD blogroll for my sidebar as well. Thanks for the links- the more noise we make the more chance we have of saving things.
    I'm sorry to hear your agency might be closing. :( That really stinks. I just don't know what to say about all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for spreading the word, Stacy ... and for the condolences for my agency. I've worked there for almost 11 years and it is truly breaking my heart that the doors are closing, and I will no longer be working with the other outstanding therapists, our DS's and my incredible supervisor. Many of us have been working together for over 10 years, and it's really sad to think it's coming to an end.

    It has also been SO hard to talk the families about all of this ... they are so upset and frustrated, and rightly so!! My heart goes out to them and their little ones whose support service have been ripped out from under them.

    ReplyDelete