Monday, March 16, 2009

Important info for Parents: talking points, due process info!

The following information was passed onto me by Maureen Casey, Chair of the Arizona Interagency Coordinating Council (ICC) for Infants & Toddlers and it has been published via this blog with her permission:

1. Tips for telling your Early Intervention story when writing to Governor Brewer, and members of the legislature to protest cuts in early intervention services. (Although there is a current hold on the cuts to those services, it is only a temporary fix ... we are not out of the woods yet!)

2. Key statement to include in a letter requesting a due process hearing (see highlighted text at end of document)

If you want more information and to have your questions about requesting a due process hearing answered, I strongly encourage you to click here to view the AZ Early Intervention Parents/Caregivers Yahoo! Group messages. You may read the AZ Early Intervention ... Yahoo! Group messages without joining the group (if you would like to post to the group you must first joing the group using your Yahoo! ID).

Maureen Casey
& Kristina Park - Chair and Vice Chair, respectively, of the AZ ICC for Infants and Toddlers moderate and are active members of the AZ Early Intervention ... Yahoo! group and they are SO knowledgeable and helpful!

3 comments:

  1. Great info, thanks!
    Do you mind if I repost to my blog? I started a new blog for only DDD/DES info http://eiinaz.blogspot.com/
    The more people we reach, the better. :)
    One tiny suggestion...use dark text on a light background. I read via a Google reader, and it is very hard to read light colored text because the background when I see it in Google reader is white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy -

    Yes, feel free to link to this post on your blog!

    I did notice your new blog and updated the link & title in my sidebar.

    Sorry about the text ... the actual blog background is dark now, so I am using a light text. Right now, there are only 5 feed subscribers - most reach the blog directly via google searches. However, I will play around with the colors and see if I can come up with a light text that looks decent on the blog and will also show up in a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked in google reader and it looks fixed- nice work! I'm linking back to this post in my blog.

    ReplyDelete